How much time is bad for a child to watch dora?

i feel bad sending resumes and letting my son watch tv for about 1.5-2 hours per day. we do go to the park, do arts, swim...etc but i dont know what else to do since he doesnt nap anymore.

austinpierce

Asked by austinpierce at 2:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I let my kids watch tv quite a bit.. but we also do other things.. 1.5 to 2 hours isn't bad at all.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• How old is he? I would turn off the TV and let him draw, turn on music kids love to dance!! :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't think that is a HORRIBLE amount of tv to watch. I say no more than 1 hour in the morning, and no more than 1 hour at night. Rainy/extremely hot and/or cold days are always a litle different too.
    marissax

Answer by marissax at 2:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• he is 3, we do draw/paint/dance ... but dancing and physical activities are a bit limited. his hydrocephalus shunt caused craniofacial disproportion (brain shrunk) ....by saying this his brain is smaller than his head and cant have too much jarring.
    austinpierce

Comment by austinpierce (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think that you are doing a fine job. My kids watch a lot of tv.. and they are as smart as can be!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i think that is fine. dd loves tv and we play and go outside and do all sorts of other stuff. as long as there is a healthy balance. its fine.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011