Food at 3 months?

I'm breastfeeding and it seems that my son is still hungry after nursing. I'm wondering should I start him on rice cereal? Is it to early? Or is it me not eating the right things? And if so what should I eat that'll fill him up? I wanted to wait till 6 months because I'm breastfeeding, but do I have a choice?

starbucks_mama

Asked by starbucks_mama at 12:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd talk to your pediatrician because an infant needs an adequate diet.

You might not be producing enough milk.. the older they get, the more they need.. and the jump from 1-2 ounces to 4 ounces in a feeding is quick.. if you're not producing, try pumping when he's not nursing so your body knows to produce more. If that doesn't work... breastfeed what you can and suppliment with baby formula.
    MommyHimes86

Answer by MommyHimes86 at 12:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's WAAAY too early to introduce solids. Not till six months.

Three months is growth spurt time. They're supposed to seem constantly unsatisfied. Go with it. Count dipes. 6-8 per day means baby IS getting enough.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:46 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• no WAY WAYYYYYYYYYY to early give him some distilled water in a bottle see if it helps not to much though
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Your supposed 2 wait until they are 4 months to stat feeding them solids!!
    Kyliesmommy202

Answer by Kyliesmommy202 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 12, 2008

• No solids until at LEAST 6 months. Just nurse longer if she still seems hungry. On demand nursing will boost your supply, and your baby will be content.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 12, 2008