I have to fire our Realtor

She is a family friend, my mom's neighbor and has been for 20 years.. She's Terrible!! she's a very kind, loving, thoughtful person but this isn't working.. should I go in to detail about WHY I need to find a new realtor or tell her kindly thank you for your help but I need to find someone else.. she will take this very personal and we still have to close on our house and be in contact with her.. how do I word it nicely? Should I email or call? I am not great at confrontation but I do realize I need to be stand up about this - any suggestions?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 2:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• and notice the strength in your voice "i have to fire a realtor"
    you HAVE to, you say...so don't let her or anyone else let you think otherwise
    don't let anyone manipulate you in thinking you don't have to!
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Email is a great way to avoid confrontation, but if she's a long time family friend and your mom's neighbor I might be more inclined to do it face to face or at least over the phone. Just tell her you will not be using/needing her services anymore. I don't think I would go into the detail, just that this working relationship isn't working out the way you had hoped. Good luck.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• did u sign a buy/sellers agreement with her? if so u cant switch until the contract is up! but if not i would just take the chicken route and email her! i hate talking on the phone!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• don't worry my boss was a family member and we def got in heated discussions over work
    i decided to quit since i didn't want it ruining our relationship
    so tell her you want to save the friendship by hiring a new realtor since "it's just not working out"
    no need to be specific, that may cause conflict. if she asks for specifics still don't give em to her because she may start to claim she can change
    lizzybee44

Answer by lizzybee44 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I might try to find a new realtor to help find a new house and ask them to advise you on ending the relationship with the other realtor. I think you do need to be on good terms with this realtor at least until the sale of your old house is finalized, but you should also be able to start looking at houses with a new realtor.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Well, are you buying a house that she listed, or are you listing your house with her for her to sell? That makes a difference for my answer for you.
    Anonymous

• We are actively looking, not in a house that she is listing though.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011