does bare minerals make up really work?

MamaDebbie209

Asked by MamaDebbie209 at 4:34 AM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Yes. I love it:)
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yes, I think it's great. I've never been a huge makeup fan...didn't like the feeling on my skin, but with this I can't even tell when I'm wearing it!
    luvbingmum

Answer by luvbingmum at 6:00 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I love it!! I've been using it for years & would NEVER use anything else. They have a great line of products too.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 8:10 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• yes...i love it! Been using it for over 2 years now and not only is it a great cosmetic but it has actually helped improve my skin. I rarely have any breakouts!
    Kichelle05

Answer by Kichelle05 at 9:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I NEVER wore foundation. DH gave me a Sephora gift cert, and (not being a make-up person) I got the "bare essentials" starter kit. WOW. My skin looks so much clearer and I can't believe the compliments. (Just like tv, lol.)
    xophersmom

Answer by xophersmom at 10:18 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Yes it works, though if you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend it. I have some spots on my face that are very dry and I moisturize like crazy so that it doesn't flake. I ended up adding it into my routine in a different way. I use a tinted moisturizer first, then use bare minerals foundation as a concealer and then use it very lightly as if it were a colored powder (rather than using it as my only foundation). Then I use their warmth on my cheeks with a little bit of a pink blush that I use (by Jane) that I like. I get lots of compliments for having "flawless skin" even though I actually have some acne lol
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:30 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• It works really well for people that have normal skin. Last year I took a drug accutane to get rid of my severe acne. Prior to taking the med I had oily skin and bare minerals covered my acne well but did not look good on my skin after my oil came in after washing my face. It started cracking and sliding off my face. When my skin turned REALLY dry while on the med, the bare minerals showed every crack in the skin. Now that I am off the med and my skin is considered normal to somewhat t-zonish, I love Bare Minerals! It covers my flaws, lasts a long time, and looks natural. I have tried several other mineral brands, even more expensive like Jane Iredale and Bare Minerals is the best. Regardless of what skin type you have you need to check out their colors like blushes and eyeshadows! They are the BOMB!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• the thing I love most about bare minerals is it doesn't aggravate my allergies..ever!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Hi ladies just reading your responses and I just wanted to add if your interested in a pressed bare mineral powder or any other foundations etc all natural no toxins please and real hair applicators at www.itvventures.com\aquariusventures. MINERAL POWDER WITHOUT THE MESS thanks.....smile
    angelicmom

Answer by angelicmom at 7:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I tried it before and I really liked it. These days I barely have any time to fix myself up, so mascara is about the only thing that gets applied, if that!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 9:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2008