Do you believe that you never really get over your first love?

I have heard this because with your first love, everything is so new and wonderful. No one has been hurt yet and you aren't jaded about life. I love my husband and never regret my decisions but sometimes I think of my first love and think that I will always kinda love him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it's so much that you don't get over them, I think we all just carry a special place for them.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:16 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i kinda feel the same. my first love i lost my virginity to so i guess no matter what he'll kinda be a part of me forever, i do still kinda love him. which is odd because i talk to him here and there.
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:17 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• No. I believe the past is the past. Ever forward. If your first love was so great, you would still be with him.
    Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 12:20 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• In general? No, I don't believe that.

For me, personally? Yes. I fell in love, was dumped, saw him in a parking lot years later.....Long story made short, he's now my husband.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I sometimes think what would have happened if this guy (we both really like eachother) would have actually asked me out not on the back of his picture before he left. but would have asked me out months before he left or when we saw eachother when he got back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• even tho i have moved on from my first love, he will always hold a special place in my heart..and i know i will always wonder "what if"...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I agree with alexis. I will always wonder and I will always love him. Things that went wrong were my fault and his fault. We just couldn't break over our hurdles of hurt. But I am happy where I am. I love my husband, I love my kids. Even if I ever saw my first love again, I would never test the waters. But he helped make me who I am today. He taught me that I can be hurt and move on. He taught me that I need to love me before I can love anyone else. And he taught me that I have the power to hurt others, and to be very careful with that power.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 1:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes....unfortunately...
    moore_me03

Answer by moore_me03 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• well i still love him but like a friend. he avoided me after we broke up but then came around and was really sad when i told him i was getting married and having a baby. he always told me we could try again but honestly hes just a really good friend and i have no romantic feelings for him anymore.he always told me he didnt want to ruin my future b/c i had big dreams but they are on hold. but i do love him and will always care for him in a non romantic way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I don't even know if it has to be your first love. I think there are just some people you are with and you love them so deeply and cannot imagine life without them...so when it ends it would have been easier had they died. I say this because if they had died then at least you could be angry at God or whomever...but to know you are without them and they are walking around out there is sooo much harder because you love them so bad. I think some people we just connect with on a soul deep level and they will always have a piece of us...and getting used to living with that piece missing can be hard at times...love is powerful and amazing thing is it not?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2008