Should I ask for an interview?

I recently applied for a position that I think would be a great opportunity, I really want this job. I happen to have the email addresses of the hiring manager and the supervisor that do the interviews. Would it be in bad taste to email them and ask for an interview and list my qualifications for the job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• In my company I get a TON of calls about employment and I work with the people that do the interviewing/hiring. Maybe it's because we're an int'l company and are strict about policy but it's a MAJOR turn off in our company when people try to circumvent the hiring process. We do things a certain way - interested people should apply online via website you found the ad, we will contact you if interested. Period. If everyone who wanted an interview skirted the system, HR would never get anything done.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 3:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• In this day and age it's such a hard call. I probably would not do anything other than follow the outlined process for applying. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011