Have you ever thought of converting to another religion?

if yes..which religion you would like to convert to??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not at all.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Already did. Raised Catholic, now Heathen, same religion as my ancestors before someone forced them to be Catholic.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Nope. Though the Pantheistic viewpoint makes sense.

I'm not wired for belief in something for which there is no tangible evidence. I simply can not force myself to take stock in a beliefs system (religion) which has so many holes in it that it can not hold water.

I have a humanitarian outlook on life in general and was highly interested in Buddhism as an older adolescent/young teen- most of what I learned has stuck with me as a socially responsible approach to life.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'm not religious at all right now, but I did believe in some Christian things when I was younger.
    When I was 14 or 15 I met a Mormon boy who I just adored. I totally thought seriously that I would convert if he ever asked me to - I know I wouldn't have been a very good Mormon, but even now I'm pretty sure I would've! We're still friends now (although less so, after I had my son at 19) and I'm not sure I ever fully recovered from that crush...
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Absolutely. I believe in congruence between the intentions of the belief system and the actions of the constiuents. This makes it very difficult to be a 100 percent supporter.

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes, about 10 years ago I looked at AG beliefs. That is when I reaffirmed my beliefs and knew I should remain Catholics.
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 3:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have never been indoctrinated into any religion and I never will.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Its not a religion but a way of life and I guess I would fall under Shamanism and that belief system.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No. I studied religious history in college, but I have never considered converting. I have always been, and will always be, Christian.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 4:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• About three years I felt extremely drawn to Islam and really thought about it for a few months, but in the end I decided that my foundation in Christianity is something I can't change, and that I didn't want to convert to another religion unless I actually agreed with 100% of their teachings or could follow 100% of their practice. That's about the time I came to realize that the way I believe/d already had a name, and learning that Christian Universalism exists really helped me, because knowing that there is such a thing felt like I had found my niche, and my faith has been able to develop and grow freely since then, as the title seems to fit me even more as time goes on. Now I can't imagine describing myself any other way, even though Islam is a religion that still has a very special place in my heart.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011