Does anyone know who is hiring in the ft. worth area?

I havent worked in over two years and things are changing rapidly so i need to work fast.

ferfer904

Asked by ferfer904 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Money & Work

• There are quite a few places hiring here. What type of job are you looking for?
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Well ALMOST anything that would consider me after not workin in over two years lol... retail, receptionist, cashier..
    ferfer904

Comment by ferfer904 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't know if they require recent experience or not, but it looks like all of the hospital systems (Baylor, Cook Children's, Texas Health, and JPS) are hiring for receptionist-types of positions. The bigger employers like Lockheed Martin, Bell Helicopter, and XTO might have something, too. Some of them list positions and let you apply on their web sites. Staples seems to be hiring in several stores, too. I forgot where else I have seen help wanted signs lately, but any retail store probably has a fairly high turnover rate, so they are usually hiring.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• O yay thank you!! im def gonna look into all of those! lol Hopefully i can get info something quick
    ferfer904

Comment by ferfer904 (original poster) at 3:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why not go to a temp agency?
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• How do i go about that?
    ferfer904

Comment by ferfer904 (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• How are you conducting your job search? Less than half of all open positions are advertised; you need to network with people in the field and industry you wish to work in. Have you had any informational interviews with people in your chosen field to learn how they found their current positions? How are you searching for advertised positions? Do you have a great resume and do you send it out with strong cover letters?
    I do career and job search coaching; please contact me if you have any questions.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 AM on Jun. 16, 2011