Do You get to go out with your friends?

My husband and I have different views on this. He tells me that married women do NOT go out to bars with out their husbands. Mind you I was going out with another married women to one of the oldest dance halls in Texas. So we are talking no air conditioner people even bring their kids. Her brother was playing for the night. The band starts at 830 and the whole thing is done at 10:00. Any way for all the married women out there are you allowed to go out with your friends no mater were you are going.

justkier

Asked by justkier at 3:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, I am "allowed" to go out with my friends!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Allowed? The last time I had to be "allowed" to do something, I was still a legal minor. That was close to 30 years ago.... DH and I don't take that kind of tack with each other.

My husband encourages me to get out with my friends.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• allowed is not exactly the word I would use. My dh would not mind if i went out but i just don't.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 3:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd be able to do whatever i wanted, but I actually have no desire to go to a bar with friends if my husband were not there. Our family time is so limited.

I also feel out-of-place at a lot of bars because I am in my late 30's . . . . people would think I was some sort of married cougar. LOL!

ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes. Your husband sounds very controlling.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 3:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My husband doesn't care if I go out, he just wants to know where so if I need him he can come get me. Married women are just married not slaves. holy Crap. I do go out with my husband but I also go out with friends (well not since I moved to AZ, I HAVE NO FRIENDS HERE, boo hoo hoo. lol)
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 4:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My husband thinks that it is good for us to go out with our friends seperately sometimes. We also go out together. It is nice to get a break and just have other women to talk to.
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 4:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• nOPE... goose/gander situation in my house. :(
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Allowed??? My hubby encourages it. He knows I need the break sometimes and when I get it I'm a better person for it.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• oh boy... sounds like he is a little controlling sweetie... sometimes you need to go out with friends and do healthy things. nothing wrong with going out. I remember being in a similar situation. might be good for you to go with him since his brother is playing... and to meet your friends there to keep emotions at bay. sprinkles!!!

miamom
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 4:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011