Why criticize?

Why do some of the moms on here find it necessary to criticize someones spelling or the use of (short hand) ? I find way to many comments about spelling or other things. I thought this was a place we could go and not be judged.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I agree with you. For me, linguistics are much more important. Some people are sticklers, though
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• This is what some women here do best, welcome aboard!

Answer by older at 3:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Ha ha, i asked a question like this a while back. I'm all for correct spelling and grammar, but I don't go out of my way to correct someone, it's just unnecessary. In my humorous way, I refer to them as a "spellcheck Nazi". Someone actually came at me that i was a horrible person for comparing them to the events of the holocaust and how dare I, and further proved that people will read what they want and perceive it as they see fit.

DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Oh, you didn't get the memo? some of the mom's on here are PERFECT! Ha ha. Welcome to Cafemom. :)
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No I did not get the memo. Thank you so much for bringing me up to date.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I only complain when the post is completely unintelligible as a result of the grammar or shorthand.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Some ppl just get off correcting others. I like to call it the MIL SYNDROME!!!
    ScheNoe

Answer by ScheNoe at 3:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Spelling errors? You're not kidding!!  I've never seen so many "unfriendly" people show up suddenly on a daily basis in my life over a common misspelling. Did I just misspell misspelling?Or not?

If you think a spelling error is bad, try giving an answer to one of the debate questions under Answers. LOL,Omg,. If you're new, they bite your head off or worse, they don't really want any 'new" points brought into the debate I guess...that just makes them mad. Then they bash like you can't imagine. it's very 'cliquish'. Where's the '"tolerance" everyone cries out for? They don't really want tolerance, not for YOU or ME or spelling errors or new people answering a Question. Only when they have an opinion, then they want tolerance, for just for them though. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it

KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 4:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• just ignore it, I'm sure they don't mean any harm... hey, maybe they can volunteer their time to help someone's child this summer...LOL
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 4:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• try giving an answer to one of the debate questions

That is why you should read the rules before you go in there: When you post something, especially about a controversial topic, expect that your viewpoints and opinions may be vigorously questioned, challenged, and held up to scrutiny. If having your opinions challenged and being expected to defend your position will make you uncomfortable, please don't post about that topic.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011