So i'm thinking about making my baby her own fresh baby food....

what food processer did you use and like best?
did you use a baby cook book?

this will be my first time and anything will help.

mommys2cupcakes

Asked by mommys2cupcakes at 3:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got a $5 food processor that could hold up to 2 cups. It was easy and cheep. No cookbooks- just do an Internet search for recipies.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 3:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Used neither. He ate what we ate, fork mash at most. Made things very easy.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i found a small food miller that works great i thought i would be able to do the same thing but just didnt have the time..im not sure what the name was it was a handheld..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I just used my regular hamilton beach food processor that I got at either Target or Walmart for around $30...I used the internet for recipes rather than spending money on a baby cook book (those things can get pricey)...
    MelissaBK

Answer by MelissaBK at 3:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• W/S has the Baby Cook. It steams and purees the food. You can even do sauces in it. You can really make your own by using a good blender and steaming your veggies in a pan. Less preservatives and more vitamins.
    ayopesta

Answer by ayopesta at 3:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i used an Oster (sp?) I made all my kids food, no one ever ate jarred food. I would take about 2 hours every two weeks and make a big batch. No recipe book needed. Simply steam or boil veggies and fruits until soft, then puree, adding the cooking liquid, formula or breast milk to thin out if needed. Then spoon food into ice cube trays, cover with wrap and freeze. Popout and store in freezer bags. Then you can mi8x and match foods for your baby. 2 cubes is usually a serving.I would make sure my babies would have 1 green veg, 1 yellow/orange veg and a starch and fruit for a meal...Some combos they liked as they got older were spinach and cottage cheese, Mexican dinner of rice cereal, avacado, sweet potato and mango for dessert, Italian dinner or zuchinni and yellow squash and tomato with whole wheat pasta (dont puree pasta, I tried, and got sick with the results, lol) smash it with a fork when baby is ready for texture
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I used a "baby cook" food processor from williams and sonoma. it worked wonderfully. It steams it. Purees it. I also bought the baby cook book from the store as well, and it had wonderful recipes, and not just the bland ol food either. real food.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 4:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Didn't need/use anything special. Steamed veggies/fruits that weren't soft enough already, mushed them up, added a little breast milk or formula if they were too thick, and fed. Mixed as they got older.
    Anonymous

• We use the Baby Breeza and we absolutely love it!
    And Brody loves anything we make for him in it, makes the perfect consistancy and texture.
    ShantelRenee

Answer by ShantelRenee at 6:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I used the back of the fork - easy and inexpensive!

Answer by missanc at 7:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011