On occasion, my daughter can go the whole day without eating a meal. On these days that it happens, can i give her a pediasure?

happy123mom

Asked by happy123mom at 3:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sure why not? or any protein drink.

Answer by older at 3:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes. Some type of nutrition is better than none.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes. When I was a child, I would refuse to eat some days. My pediatrician told my mother not to worry.. that I wouldn't starve myself. She offered vitamins, Pedisure, and ice cream to me, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• All my kids have done this from time to time. Their appetite comes and goes. When they are in a growing spurt, they eat more, sleep more and when they aren't, they nibble. I don't worry too much about it because if I just relax and let them decide how much they need to eat and how often, they will eat what they need. My pediatrician also told me the "they won't starve themselves" thing and it's true. Her body knows when it needs food and how much. I wouldn't worry about it and I wouldn't use pediasure unless she was clearly malnourished. Just make sure that she has options of healthy food available to her when she's ready to eat.
    LoriSnyder

Answer by LoriSnyder at 3:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• pediasure is full of sugar and might cause he to want to forgo meals so she can have the sweet shake. If she doesnt eat, dont make a fuss, just make sure you have little snacks of cheese, veggies and fruit for her. Is she drinking a lot of milk? My son wont eat if he is drinking too much milk. Give her a good food based vitamin every day too, good luck
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would say that yes,it's fine to give her a pediasure. I used to give my kids one when they refused to eat. I have a child that was a preemie,so I would worry about her the most but I gave it to both my kids.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011