Does anyone else tear up?

When your kid is performing is a school play, dance recital, or other program? Last night was my dd's dress rehearsal for her dance recital this weekend and I was getting teary eyed then. I need to make sure I bring the tissue with me on Saturday. I know it should be a happy occasion...but this kid is growing up to fast on me.

Shaken1976

Asked by Shaken1976 at 3:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• absolutely! I even cried the first time my son rode an amusement ride by himself :)
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 3:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Oh my goodness, I would tear up out of pride each and every time I went to any recital or program, but these are happy tears.....

Answer by older at 3:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I can remember my Dad tearing up when we were growing up. It is normal and as parents, we all do it. The key is to savor everything that your child does because they do grow up so fast. When they want that hug or that attention and you are tired think about when they are 21 and not really wanting to hug you anymore! I tear up when I see photos of recitals or pull out old cards.
    ayopesta

Answer by ayopesta at 3:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I went to my little cousins dance show last Saturday and I totally cried watching her on stage!! They just grow up so fast, watching them turn into their own person is just wonderful!!
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 3:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• With my dd every dance, gymnastics, and cheer oh yeah. The end of year all star performance where they dance and do cheer gets me EVERY TIME. I was bawling so bad lol my husband was laughing at me.

Answer by gemgem at 3:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No
    Anonymous

• Yeah..I'm an over emotional big baby when it comes to that stuff..there were even times when my oldest sons teacher would come over to talk to me during these kinds of things and I'd feel so stupid because i'd be all choked up,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes I have an dI know I will in the future. My son is 3 and he goes to a private preschool and they had an adorable little musical thing. they sang like 3 songs and I teared up every time he went on stage. It made me so proud of him. He remembered everything, all the words and all the movements. My son is so smart and I am zoo very proud of him. I cry all the time. lol.
    Hapsand123

Answer by Hapsand123 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I do ALL THE TIME! What is really weird is that I also tear up a Dr Appointments. I am proud of them and I get all sappy even when they are just breathing in and out for the dr.
    silasmom2011

Answer by silasmom2011 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• YES! I was feeling so emotional during my youngest son's kindergarten play and graduation program.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011