What is bedtime during the week for your tween this summer?

I have a very hyper active 9 year old (ADHD) who goes to bed at 830 on school nights. I made it 930 during the summer week days because he still gets up early (630am). But later on the weekends. Just wondering if I'm being fair or a meany pants.

busymommabear

Asked by busymommabear at 3:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• sounds fair to me..when my sd was 12 only two yrs ago she was let stay up til about 10...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 3:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My 11 yr old son is with his dad for the entire summer..out of state :(
    But I'm sure he has NO bedtime..his dad is pretty unstructured when it comes to that kind of stuff.
    My son has ADHD too. During the school year his bedtime was 9:00 p.m , if he were home for the summer, I'd let him stay up till 11
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I also have a 9 yr old. She's indoors by 9pm and I let her stay up as long as she wants if she's been good, and by 10 if she's not being good.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 3:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I get up at 5am during the week for work and have to take him to daycare. If he didn't have to get up early and I didn't have to work, it might be different. There's definitely more leniency during the summer though. He thinks I'm a meany pants. lol
    busymommabear

Comment by busymommabear (original poster) at 3:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• between 9 and 9:30. He's 10

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My dd is adhd and we have been allowing her to stay up till she is tired enough to fall asleep. My dh and I go to be at about 9:30 and dd usually follows us.
    momthruivf

Answer by momthruivf at 4:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• my 12 year old daughter goes to bed at 8:30 all year long, earlier if shes having problems with behavior,children with aspergers need alot of structure.....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 3:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Usually we have him get 2-3 books and I read to him in our bed. We start that around 8:30 or 9. So, he may be in bed by 9:15 or 9:30pm Also depends on attitude, lol
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• During school my DD goes to bed early between 7:30pm-8:30pm depending on the day. Some mornings we have to get up at 5am, for me to go to work. So she doesn't get to sleep in. But during the summer if she is being good it really doesn't matter, because she can always go back to bed when she gets home with daddy or when she goes to her grandparents(on days daddy has work early too). Usually she stays up until around 10pm.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• Ooooh you're all probably going to think I am a baaaad mommy, because during the weekends (when they have school) and in the summer, if we don't have to be up early, I don't give them a bedtime. As long as they don't fight and can act civil, I let them stay up as late as they like. They end up falling asleep whenever they get tired.
    But when they have school, bedtime is at 9:30. And they don't give me a lot of crap about it either. I think it's because they know when they don't have school I will let them stay up later.
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 4:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2011