Have you ever seen a wedding with two matrons of honor?

How did it work out if you have? I mean as far as the ceremony -- how did they resolve the two people for a one person job??

Camilletnt

Asked by Camilletnt at 4:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I had 2 maids of honor at my wedding. I also had a rainbow wedding where my dress had purple flowers, my flower girls wore pink and orange, my maids of honor wore yellow, bridesmaids wore green and junior bridesmaids wore blue.
    One maid of honor held the groom's ring and the other held my bouquet and they both helped a little with my skirt. Neither gave a speech but that's because they didn't want to. Just make a list of traditional maid of honor duties and divide them up before hand.
    Its a great way to honor 2 people if they both mean a lot to you.
    lovepotato

Answer by lovepotato at 6:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have seen a matron of honor and a maid of honor (called matron because she is married). They both stood on the alter next to the bride. They shared the responsibilities of holding the bride's flowers, having the groom's ring, fixing the veil and train, etc. It was all worked out beforehand what each would do. Very nice..
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 4:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I know my sister in law had a maid and matron of honor at her wedding. I was only 15 at the time so I didn't really pay much attention, but I do know the matron seemed a bit overwhelming, but it could be just her personality. Basically they both stood on the side while me and the other 2 bridesmaid sat in the first pew.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes - What I noticed was one helped with the bouquet and the other gave the speech at the reception.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i never have but i'm sure it could happen shoot it's hard to pick out the maid of honor when all your bridesmaids are who are close to you...
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 4:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• cool... I like the idea of the bouquet and speech division. Just trying to get the nuances figured out.. it is a hard decision to make.
    Camilletnt

Comment by Camilletnt (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I was in a wedding where I was 1 of 2 matron of honor's. It worked out just fine.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 4:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• DH's cousin had 3 - 1 matron, 2 maids. They are a family of 4 sisters ;). They went by age - the oldest was the matron and took on typical maid/matron duties since she was the only one old enough for some. The bride just wanted to keep the honor the same for the 3 - the 2 maids were basiclly bridesmaids with the name maid. They didn't give speeches as neither really wanted to (young, nervous, lol).
    Anonymous