Are you going to breastfeed?

???

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am going to try... i didn't with my first and never even tried but i want to do things differently the second time around and see how it goes so i'm crossing fingers.

mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 4:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i wanted to but was only able to pump under my circumstances but i had totally planned to..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i decided very early in my pregnancy that i would not. and i didn't and i am so glad i stuck to that decision because it was best for the both of us.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am. I pump while at work, but when I'm home "no bottles."
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 4:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes, I breastfeed it is the best thing you can do for your child period...did anyone see the article that said you kid is 73% less likely to die of SIDS if you breastfeed, that is just the tip of the benefits to your child...don't forget you can pump and put it in a bottle to go and also it gives your husband a way of being part of the feeding process.
    BigSmiles123

Answer by BigSmiles123 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am honestly not sure this time around. I breastfed my first two and bottle/breastfed my third and realized that it puts me into depression. So I am not sure this time around what I am going to do. My goal is to start out. I know that I have made it past a year successfully but in a full depression both time. It wasn't until I had to stop for medical reasons with my third that I realized that it was the actual breastfeeding that was doing it to me.
    Anonymous

• I did with my first, tried with my second and just had twins and really wanted to again but things dont always go as planned and I wasnt able to with them.
    Punkylu78

Answer by Punkylu78 at 4:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I breastfed my DD for a year and am currently breastfeeding my 15 mth old DS.

The beginning with DS was so so so so so so difficult but I refused formula feeding and managed in the end with lots of support, internet reading about latching problems etc. It took him 5 weeks to get back to birth weight but now is a healthy happy plump booby boy lol
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 6:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes, I plan to....
    MzWhitnei

Answer by MzWhitnei at 8:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011