Can I go sledding?

I'm 18 weeks. Pregnant and I've heard I can hurt the baby to go sledding if I wreck or something. So do you think it would be safe to go sledding?

Mommy2Be172009

Asked by Mommy2Be172009 at 12:22 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No offense, srh, but a pillow under her coat is not going to help if she goes slamming into a tree or another sledder! You can be as careful as possible, but you can't control the other people sledding! I would not take that chance. God forbid you go and something bad happens, you'd never forgive yourself! It's just not worth it! Wait til next winter!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I wouldn't risk it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• unless you are on the littelist baby hill your baby is not worth loosing or hurting for 5 minutes of fun....God knows I want to go snowboarding like crazy!!! That baby inside you is more important than anything you want to do
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 12:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• ya. i wouldnt risk it, even the jumping and bumping can cause damage to the baby. the only thing i was allowed to do when i was pregnant was be pulled around on a sled (not much fun , but a start)
    xhellxfirex495

Answer by xhellxfirex495 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• It's not recommended. Anything where you can injure your rear (ie skating, skiing, horseback riding, etc) can lead to miscarriage, so it's not worth the risk. I missed skiing last year, but my son was totally worth it!! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:40 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Thank you guys for all the advice. I'm not going to go sledding. I got invited to, in the beginning of the week and I'm to scared of what could happen.
    Mommy2Be172009

Answer by Mommy2Be172009 at 12:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Good for you, Mommy! You will always be a good Mommy if you continue to do what you are doing now, putting your child's welfare above your own desires!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I did and i asked my doctor about it and he said no ramps, no giant hills ( the hills in our area are on the smaller side anyways) , especially no hills by trees and go when it's not an extremely populated time. He also said, if by chance you do get his by another sledder, than you'll still probably be fine because the babies are so protected in the womb, but he said skiing was definately out, because my friend kept saying skiing was safer. But like he said, in the end, it's gotta be your decison and what your comfortable doing. I was about 7 months along but not very big.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:53 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• dont do it. if six flags wont let you go on a ferris wheel while your pregnant, i dont think sledding is ok. lol.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 1:02 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• u can do qwhat you did before you were pregnant while you werw pregnant. a friend of mine even continued karate...throwing ppl, kicking, hitting exercises
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 12, 2008