Whose name goes on the birth certificate?

When my baby is born im going to get a paternity test done to see if my current BF is the father or if its my ex's baby. When the test results come back does the biological father have to be on the birth certificate? I want nothing to do with my ex and i want my current BFs name on the birth certificate no matter what but the only reason for the test is because i just wanna know for sure who the father is

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can name Santa Clause as the father of your baby if you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You can put whoever's name on the birth certificate, but just to let you know, if you put your current BF's name on the certificate, and your ex is actually the father, you can't go after him for child support (idk if you plan to or not). But if your current BF is willing to accept the child as his own, then you can put his name on it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 12:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You can put anyone down as the father but it really should be the biological dad. Your child may one day want, or need, to know who's sperm they came from.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would say put the real father on it. Your current bf could adopted you LO if you ever get married. The reason I say that is my mom lied to me about who my father is and I am Hurt. she says my dad is some asian guy (I dont have a problem with them) But I am all white I dont have a trace of asian in me. dont lie to your baby and put the sperm donor or you BF but whoever is the dad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• YOU CAN PUT AYONE ON THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DO WANT YOU WANT AND WAT IS BEST FOR THE BABY!!!!!!!!!
    nesamama

Answer by nesamama at 1:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• You shouldn't lie. It will come back to bite you. Trust me. You dont have to put anything on there. If you put your b/f then he has to sign an affidavit at the hosptial saying the is the dad before they will add it since you arent married. If you all ever break up & it gets nasty he can come back & say he is not the dad & site that paternity test as proof. besides that when your kid finds out (and they will find out), you are going to have to explain why you are a liar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• you can put whoever, and you also dont have to put anyone. my mom didnt put anyone on mine because biodad wasnt in my life. but i def agree to not lie. your baby will need to know who he/she comes from for medical reasons and they should just know. if i didnt know i wouldnt know that ovarian cancer adn heart disease runs in my blood....good to know since i had early ovarian cancer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 12, 2008