do you think its wrong for your ex to stay over so he can see his kids? please give me your opinion ill even take the b***chy ones

my bf is having a fit cause my wanted to stay over to see his kids. he doesnt have his own place so he cant take the kids with him. he sleeps in the living room and he is just there for the kids not me....he gets up when the kids get up so i can get some rest, so i guess it would kinda be for me. and now my bf is making threats that he gonna wake me and my kids up if finds my ex here....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• NOOOOOOO! I think it is very wrong and crossing the lines big time in your relationship. You would not stand for this, or believe your BF if it was the other way around -- his ex sleeping at his house. Hell no! Plus I think you are sending mixed messages to your kids which can be very confusing. I think it's a bad idea all the way around. There is absolutely NO reason he needs to sleep at your house to visit the kids.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Sounds like asking for trouble to be honest. If your current boyfriend is uncomfortable with it then you should respect his wishes and ask the father not to stay over. There's no reason he can't keep them for the day and bring them back.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 12:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Bad situation. I can understand if he doesn't have a place to stay but he could take the kids out to some place like the library or an indoor activity. I can understand your BF being upset because he is spending the night. I also understand that he's there for the kids but it's just a very odd/unusual situation that I believe most people would be real uncomfortable with.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I understand why he's upset but then again some people don't grasp why they are an EX! lol. Why doesn't your BF just come over too? If he's worried about something?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I did back in the day. It was just a convenient thing for us. Have bf stay over and make sure x doesn't try anything if that is his concern.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:01 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I would think it may cause some confusion for the kids. I can understand current bf being upset about it, but waking you and the kids up is not okay. They don't need to be dragged into his issue.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:05 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I used to do that before I got remarried. I would let my ex stay at the house sometimes when he came to get the boys. Last year we let my husband's ex wife stay with us for a couple days when she flew my step son back to us. It was fine. I think as long as everyone has trust and knows their boundaries it is fine.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 1:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008