Decorating a room for a boy and a girl??

How would you decorate a room for a boy and girl but allowing them to have their own space?

Vian.aram

Asked by Vian.aram at 5:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• paint one half of the room for a girl and the other for the boy let them split the curtains and weird things like that..my bff did and her kids love it
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Fun! Depends on what they like and how old they are. I would designate one half to the boy, and the other half to the girl. Just pretend you are decorating two diff rooms :)
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• right now my son and daughter share a small room ... they are still young though...

It is painted light yellow, with an ABC border and light blue curtains with tiny colorful poka dots....

His side of the room has more blue, her side has more pink... they each have 2 walls decorated with their things..
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I let them each have a little of their own, but tie it together with repeated colors or themes. Right now my twins have dove grey walls, white trim, and black furniture throughout their room. My daughter has a yellow car bed that looks like a volkswagen beetle. She has mostly aqua and black bedding with black and white polka dot trim. My son has a red firetruck bed with mostly black and red bedding, but it also has yellow like his sister's bed as well as some black and white spotted dalmatian print. I've used black and white with the various bright colors throughout their room.

When they were babies we used tan, chocolate, and white throughout the nursery, but my daughter's bedding had pink butterflies and my son's bedding had green elephants. They both had white cribs, but my son's was more simple and my daughter's was more ornate.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011