Would you like your son / daughter got married before turning 25?

Nothing personal.. But I wouldn't like my son to get married young.. I want him to enjoy life! Well.. In any way he'd like it...

Vian.aram

Asked by Vian.aram at 5:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• It wouldn't be my choice to make. That would be up to him when he married. I can't say what would be right for him.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wouldnt mind it... there hasnt been anyone in our family to get married AFTER 25 ... so it would be different lol... Honestly i would like to have grandkids young, as long as they are settled and in love it wouldnt matter...

and you can still enjoy life, even if you get married young.
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 5:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No, I'd like my kid to be established as an adult before she gets married.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I have no preference. I turned 23 five days before my wedding, and my husband turned 27 1 month after. We have two children 6, and 6 months. If they are in love when why not?
    JNLmomme09

Answer by JNLmomme09 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't feel it's my place to intervene. Ultimately, it's his decision and I will support him if it's truly something he wants to do.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i dont see anything wrong with it..i got married at 22 and my relationship is perfectly fine and i dont regret it one bit..i was not cheated out of anything nor did i miss out
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• No, i want him to get married when HE wants too hopefully about 30,,LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I wouldn't mind if they got married before 25. As long as they were marrying good people who they loved and who loved them. That being said, I would prefer it if they waited until they graduated college.
    elliecooper

Answer by elliecooper at 5:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I married at 23 and it may not have been the wisest move. i love my husband but it would have been better if we had held of marriage for a few years and really 'grew up' We are very lucky that we both grew up and into people who are still compatible(though it took WORK), that doesn't always happen. I would encourage my child to stay engaged until at least 25 but support their choice. And there would never be an 'I told you so' if it didn't work or they hit a rough spot.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Age is not really a factor for me, finding someone suitable and falling in love is, there is no deadline.

Answer by older at 5:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011