Does adoption cost?

If i have my baby and the paternity test comes back as her being my ex's baby, i want my current BF to adopt her (my ex already said he wants nothing to do with her). Does that cost? If so, is it alot?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ive heard it costs $...the # i heard was about 580 but that may differe by state and all kinds of other stuff
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• if the baby is not born yet all he has to do is sign the birth certificate, And get him to sign it before the test comes back.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:43 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes it cost i had to pay 1300 to adopt my daughter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• my thought is that if you dont want the biological father involved at all just dont bother even mentioning him to anyone. But you need to make sure the your BF is more than willing to stick with you and stay in the role of that babies father cause if he splits then he can be hooked for childsupport and not the Actual father that SHOULD be paying anyways
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 12:49 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• anon why did you have to adopt your daughter?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 12:51 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Yes, it does cost. You have to pay a lawyer and court costs. There are a few other costs also such as putting an add in the local paper where your ex would be living. You have to run an add for 4 weeks normally to notify the Bio Father of your or your BF intentions.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:55 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Uhh. The newspaper thing sounds a little drastic. But anyway, I know it costs to adopt from an agency or wherever. But I don't imagine it costs anything if she is your biological child and your BF is just taking over rights as a father. Don't quote me on it though. Maybe like court fees or something but I don't see what he would have to pay for if she's already your child?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Last I checked bio dad has to sign over parental rights to the child
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 3:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I think it's different to have someone adopt your own child than to go out and adopt another child. Talk to a family lawyer. It might just be some minor legal fees to get the paperwork in order since the father is willing to give up his rights.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The newspaper thing is not drastic- its called covering your ass and proof that bio dad had plenty of time to object.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2008