Do you buy all of your kids clothes for school at one time?

My mother used to do that. So I only had jeans and pants for the whole year, which is awesome for the winter months but awful when we first get into school because its the end of summer and VERY HOT.

For my daughter, I have decided to buy her all shorts, blouses, tennis shoes and sandals. Then later on buy her jeans. Do you buy all of your kids clothes for school at one time?

Asked by 35yoamom at 5:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in

• No, I buy things as needed.

Answer by SWasson at 5:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't do 'school shopping' I buy things as needed, though DS does get a new shirt and new shoes for the first day.

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Nope. I pick up things as I see them on sale :)

Answer by MIMIBRIE at 5:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I buy for the approaching season or when someone suddenly outgrows everything at once. I usually buy spring and summer type clothes from about March through June and I usually buy fall and winter type clothes from about July through October. My oldest used to outgrow everything around December each year and I'd end up buying her a second set of winter clothes most years.

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I buy things as they go on sale. I even might buy some items a size bigger and store if I really find a good deal.

Answer by momindiana at 5:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'll start looking in the thrift shops as it gets close to the end of summer. I will also pick up things as they go on sale, and we always hope that mil will buy things when she's shopping.

Answer by meooma at 7:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We buy things things as they are needed.

Answer by elliecooper at 8:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My DD has a bray in early September so she almost always gets back to school clothes. She thinks it is very unfair! Otherwise I buy throughout the year.

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 9:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• 2ndtimewish... What's a "bray"?

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 11:08 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I buy them clothes throughout the year.

Answer by CometGirl at 8:33 AM on Jun. 17, 2011