I am so over this, I want to blow up at my MIL!!!!! I am going to get really nasty if someone can't talk me out of it!

Okay, so it is going to be father's day soon, and my hubbs father left him when he was 6 months old, he abandonded them,, my MIL got married 4 times after that, 2 of them were abusive to my SIL, and my hubbs. Well today all over facebook she is posting pics of my hubb's father (he died about 3 months ago),,,My husband went to see him before he passed away ( at my urging) to make peace,, Well MIL keeps sending me messages, see how much your son looks like GRANDPA? I wrote back, no i don't see it,, I don't,, she says well you hurt my feelings,, really? She makes a post about how ungrateful some people can be,, and says Everyone vote this up who thinks Roy (grandpa) looks like Billy my DS!!
She goes on and on about how she wants my son to inherit his muscial talent, and charming personality,, is this a slap in the face to my hubbs and SIL?? He was a crazy person and she is crazy for allowing them to suffer at the hands of her "new" husbands,, what do I do?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 5:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• we got some good answers going here... I agree. just don't read her post... better yet just hid all posts coming from her or de-friend her and you won't see the post. you really love your man!!! that's good but you guys need to heal from all that pain. she sounds like she is crazy. just think how some of the people in the bible where healed from all their unusual habits and characteristics. GOD HEALS ALL WOMBS.... don't continue to allow yourself to be wombded by her... we tend to speak things in existence and they manifest without warning. so don't let her get you all worked up girl... you are married to her son not her... that's a good thing LOL
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 6:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Take some deep breaths. My mother always taught me this : KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS. And if you can't, then just ignore it. Yes its crazy, rude, disrespectful etc etc... but you dont want to start shit with your hubbys mom. Let him handle it. If he doesnt think he needs to do or say anything... then you should just let it be. Ignore her. You are probably not the only one who thinks she is a nutcase.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• First of all I completely understand why you are upset. That kind of crap is just effing annoying!!! Second.... I hate hate hate that other people including grandparents put pictures of my children up on thier facebook profiles when I myself dont have a fb account and dont want my kids pictures on the internet.

Instead of blowing up becuse belive me I know that what shewants you to do, Just ask her polietly to take the pictures down off the site because you and dh are not comforable.
    JNLmomme09

Answer by JNLmomme09 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• That is crazy but yeah, you should say nothing and just let it go. Your hubs or SIL should say something to her about that, not you because obviously they went through tough childhood with their father and all, if it hurts them or what so ever they should have be one who say something about it as I know it might annoys you so much at the point where you want her to STFU. But really, you have nothing to do with it and she just probably enjoys to rub things off in people face I guess.
    breezymommie

Answer by breezymommie at 5:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes, she is crazy, but what will you gain by snapping on her? You have control of how often you see her, and it sounds like it is time to un-friend her. You can't stop her from making those posts, but seeing it will only piss you off more. To have peace in your life, it is time to cut her loose.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• He has not seen it yet,, he never checks his facebook, and believe me this will open a HUGE can of worms,, she was crying this weekend about my husband's dad and how she messed everything up,,,, she is more favorite to my husband than to his sister, I have yet to know if she has seen this yet,, it might really upset her.
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 5:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would just let it go its not worth it she wants you to go off on her.......
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• hide her posts then you won't have to see them
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Unfriend her on facebook.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011