Is this normal? adult content

Okay, so I didn't really know where to put this type of question..but I just need to know if I am normal or not. When I got pregnant with my first DS my areolas(the part around my nipple) got super huge, and now that I'm pregnant with my second DS they have gotten a little bigger. I feel deformed.. My husband doesn't mind it at all, and actually likes that they're bigger, but all of my friends that have children did not have this happen to them. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this so I don't feel like a lone freak in this world.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I have always had bigger ones and honestly I asked my husband if there was one physical thing he could change on me what it'd be and he said to make them smaller. I agree because they are very annoying when bra shopping. I have to get a bigger size to make sure they dont peak out. I hate it. But again, mine were always bigger...not from a pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• Completely normal- In fact, you'll see it listed in most pregnancy books.

If it is any consolation, I went through the same thing. It really doesn't bother me though, breasts (and nipples, and areolas) come in all sorts of sizes, shapes and colors. You're definitely not a freak, or deformed. Having large areolas, by the way, makes breastfeeding easier, that is why in *normal* women, they grow when you're pregnant- it makes more room for the baby to latch on to :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• mine did and my dh also thought it was awesome..i had bigger boobies to begin with too..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• LOL. NO you're perfectly normal. I have giant boobs, so my areolas to start with, but with pregnancy, they get even bigger, and then when I nurse, even bigger yet. I gave birth 10 days ago, and mine are at least 3 inches across right now. I'm part of your freak show. LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Happened to me, too. They got really dark and huge.
    Anonymous

• Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the ONLY one out there with this issue. Mine are about 3-4 inches across, and they don't really bother me too much(they do a little, but I'm getting use to it) it can just be annoying when looking for cute bras or lingerie because they tend to peek out..but hubby doesn't mind that either. And I nursed my first son and plan to nurse this one, and I can say that I didn't experience any problems or discomforts that my friends did.. maybe my "deformity" is a blessing in disguise??
    I guess as long as my hubby is still attracted to me I can't really complain.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Everyone's pregnancy has a different reaction to their body. I am sure they were embarrassing to them, but no one knew the never mind.
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011