Two Year Old and Scarring

A few weeks ago my 2 year old scraped his nose on the concrete outside. He was fine, not deep cuts, more like a concrete rug burn. He messed with it a few times and now the sore is gone but there is a pink scar in the middle of his nose. Will this ever go away or is he stuck with it the rest of his life? Is there anything I can put on it to help it go away? It is not bad, but its not pretty either.

CassiRae3

Asked by CassiRae3 at 5:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it might slowly fade as he gets older. but honestly i wouldnt worry to much about scars. my ds is 3.5 yrs and hes got a lot due to being clumsy and a daredevil.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It will fade. I had knee surgery at 14/15. I'm now 30 and really have to go looking for the scars to find all of them. When I was about 5 I stuck a sword through my foot (long story). THAT scar is fairly hard to find as well.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• There is a cream u can buy at the store that reduces the appearance of scars but i forgot the name of it..also it may go away i had a car wreck a few yrs ago and my scar is getting smaller..
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• you could put aloe vera on it if you are really worried.. but I wouldnt, it most likely will go away
    Misery_Stitches

Answer by Misery_Stitches at 7:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011