what does it feel like when you are ovulating?

a little background info: i had my mirena removed on Dec. 1st and then had my period Dec.3-6th. i assumed i wouldn't ovulate until the 17th (or around there) but i have been having some mild cramping. this isn't like normal menstral cramps...they are further to the side. its mainly on my left, but a little on the right. of course DH and i have been BD every other day...so i am not worried if i truly am ovulating.

i was just wondering what it felt like because i am not keeping my temp. or anything like that. we are just relaxing and having some fun with our TTC (its our first month)

any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks and God bless, xoxo

sarahkaystone

Asked by sarahkaystone at 12:58 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Normally you won't get pregnant the first month your off the pill, IUC, etc. I can tell when I'm ovulating b/c I'm extremly "in the mood."
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i don't think i am going to get pregnant right away....the question was more about if there were any signs of ovulation. thanks for the advice though. xoxo
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 1:10 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I feel little cramps really low in my belly. It feels like little bursts of pain. That is the best that I can explain it Of course I haven't ovulated in a while because I just had a baby and am breastfeeding, but I was always able to tell when I was ovulating.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 1:27 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• YOU will feel Bloated, and typically have a lot of discharge.
    deputywife

Answer by deputywife at 1:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Oh.. and I was pregnant with Twins ( none the less) in my first month of being off BC. I had an IUD. So... you never know.
    deputywife

Answer by deputywife at 1:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• OMGosh deputy, that makes me nervous. None of my friends have gotten preggers right after and I didnt. My OB/GYN said that it would take a while for all of that to get out of my body. Maybe he's an idiot, I dunno. xoxo
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 1:45 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i get a sharp pain in my side sometimes, others just a little crampy
    Shannon85

Answer by Shannon85 at 10:29 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i just had my miren taken out dec 1st but i bled the whole nine weeks iw as on mine.. as far as ovulation and what u notice i just notice my discharge.. i dont pay enough attention to my body ot know. i got pregnant with my son 4 months after getting off bc but i m hoping this time it will be different..
    afwifeandmommy1

Answer by afwifeandmommy1 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 12, 2008