If you believe in reincarnation...

How do all 6 billion people have a soul, when the world started out with so fewer people? Do souls split or something? Or does a higher being create more of them?

Not trying to start a debate, just curious about other's beliefs.

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Souls are energy. Energy is created every day by everything. So yes, new Souls are created as well. Energy however, once created can never die, it can only chance form. So, once a new soul is created it starts it's journey to enlightenment through a series of lives, each with their own lesson or purpose... Until it reaches a point were it is able to alter form in to a higher form of energy/spirit and remain in peace...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• There are Old Souls, and New Souls, to me. The old souls are the ones that seem to be world wise and just plain wise beyond their years. The new souls are the ones that are amazingly naive and you practically have to lead them around by the hand for everything. Where they come from and how they come about, I don't have that answer.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• The way I see it is this, I don't know where my energy goes when I die. I know some of it dies off with me as there are certain types of energy that the body makes and so on. I am not concerned with it because I have no control where it goes in the end. As far as the multiplying of people, its energy..it comes from anything and everything.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We come from other planets. Or my soul did. And there are billions of souls in the Universal conciousness. Plenty to go around!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I was actually thinking about this same question the other day, but didn't post it LOL. I will be checking out the replies =)
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 6:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Some souls are old...some are brand new! I also believe we don't just incarnate here on this planet as humans, but on different planets, different dimensions, as different species. Plus factor in life expectancy...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:50 PM on Jun. 16, 2011