How do I get SO to help with feeding the babies at night?

We have one month old twins and it is becoming more and more often that I am getting up and feeding them myself in the middle of the night! And I try to wake him up but it takes so long for him to get his butt out of bed, and I cant listen to my babies cry, that I just end up taking care of both of them. Now I am still on maternity leave and he does work but when I go back to work he will be helping me b/c I'm not going to be the only one sleep deprived! Lol So any suggestions on how I can get his butt up a little faster? =)

Punkylu78

Asked by Punkylu78 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• i am so sorry! i breast fed my twins, and i was so exhausted for 15 months!!! hopefully your babies will be sleeping better by the time maternity leave is up. If I really need help from my husband, and he seems very unwilling, then i can get my mil to talk to him, as long as i stress how important it is to the family. is there any one that your dh "admires" enough, that he will listen to them?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Cold toes on the backside. Or glass of water poured over the head. Messy but gets the point across.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Get a squirt bottle and fill it with water. Then, in the middle of the night when the babies wake squirt him in the ear or other uncomfortable places until he gets up to help you.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Tell him he WILL help with this. Don't let him sleep through it...these are his children too.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Not really....and I think it is mostly my fault be even with our other two children I am the one that got up with them every night but I really didnt think I would have to ask for help when there is 2 of them! Plus he will get up in the morning and ask me why I didnt wake him up. I tell him I try and try and then just take care of it like always!

Punkylu78

Comment by Punkylu78 (original poster) at 6:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• You know what I dont get is how he even sleeps through it b/c one of them has the loudest cry I have ever heard! and I wake just at them wrestling around and he doesnt hear them crying/screaming? I dont get it.....

Punkylu78

Comment by Punkylu78 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i'd plop one of the babies right in his arms. hard to ignore THAT!
    happymom8262

Answer by happymom8262 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• If he works early and your still on maternity leave then I would keep getting up with the babies at night. When you start working again however he should start helping.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 12:42 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Turns the bedroom light on and take a stance, he was available for their creation, he will be available for their care.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011