Anyone out there have a husband obsessed with a video game?

First let me say this...I love my husband, he doesn't beat me, is a hard worker, and is a great father. There's just one thing that he lacks, emotional support towards me. He plays World of Warcraft all the time. I even play sometimes, but I'm not obsessed like he is. I haven't been happy with him for a long time now and he knows that. We'll fight, I'll cry, he'll say he's sorry, he'll act like he means it, then things with be great.......for a week....then............it starts all over again. I know it takes two and I know I have my faults but he never tells me if I'm upsetting him until we're in a conversation about him and then he'll bring something up that I did that bothered him. Mind you I'm completely clueless as to what he's talking about. I'm the type of person that needs to talk things out when something is bothering me and he's the type of person that just wants to ignore it.

tiffychick

Asked by tiffychick at 1:00 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• You just described my relationship...freaky.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:03 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• and we have the same name......haha, well this isn't a positive thing to say but it helps: it's good to know I'm not alone.
    tiffychick

Answer by tiffychick at 1:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• yes mine loves madden and ncca..but i shouldnt talk to much cause im obbsesed with army of two
    vadasmom

Answer by vadasmom at 1:06 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I wanted to add more but there was a character limit when posting, I know it's not the game's fault, it's his. I do love him, very much. I could leave if I wanted to, but I don't. I want to be with him....it's just getting really hard on me. It feels like maybe he just got too comfortable with me or something, it just sucks cause when he does show me affection it's got to the point that I just don't want him to touch me. :(
    tiffychick

Answer by tiffychick at 1:08 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• wow even freakier..lol. I just stay on Cafe Mom when he plays his video game. We recently discussed we needed to start spending more time together also..But from the way it sounds your husband doesn't want to?
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:11 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Well we do, but it's not all the time and 9 times out of 10 it's always me suggesting. I know I should just accept it like "take it when you can" sort of thing, but I just really wish he'd make the effort. This game is truly ruining our marriage. He's 32yrs old, I'm 28. I'm not saying he needs to grow up but I do think his priorities are out of whack. He'll remember stuff that has to do with the game, but forget stuff that's important to me. He'll take time to post things on the forums about organizing a raid but he won't take the time to organize a day for us to spend together. I do know that $15 a month is better than him going to the bars. I don't know, I mean reading over what I've wrote here I can see I have a lot of issues with him, but it truly does all stem for his obsession with this game.
    tiffychick

Answer by tiffychick at 1:15 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• i was on a strack..i said i was going to kill the employess at Blizzard..the makers of WoW!!! my dh was addicted. finally we didnt have the money for it it got cut off...tg. he then relized how much he was playing and how much he was missing. There is a group here for moms whose dh plays wow. or they do. check into it.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• That game will eventually have to end won't it? Like he will win? Either way I know what you mean and that is wrong. Have you talked about setting a time on how much he plays in a day? Both of you need to come up with a certain amount of free time that he can play for a day. That's what my husband and I are going to do. We will set aside times for him to play his game. I will get on the internet or watch the baby. Then we will set the rest of the day for "us" time minus the baby part.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 1:21 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• nope you never beat it. they add more patches *things to do* more maps *things to do* when you hit..last i hard 40 might gone up..you help other ppl...there is always something to do.
    oh the setting the time dont work if he is a hard core player probey has a guilid. so he has to run it and run dunges.
    i know my spelling sucks
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Girl make fake money why he cant play just for the month tell him christmas set yall back so cant pay for it this month youll see a big diff so would he. i promise.
    yes sometimes dh wants to play then says naw i will be addicted again like i said he relized after he couldnt play
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 12, 2008