I am the step mother to a 23 year female. She is still living in the household. I have no children with my husband. My question is who's responsible for planning something for father's day.

My 23 year old step-daughter but acts like she is sixteen when it is convenient. This is a young lady that plans outings and parties. Nevertheless should she plan something for her father. My husband stated that we should talk but what should happen. Should I feel I should make the plans. Remember she is not a child.

Mrsveebee

Asked by Mrsveebee at 6:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• she's a grown adult. she can do it herself.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• she should do it. Its her dad and shes an adult!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• well, what did they do for mother's day for you?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• You should both be doing something instead of pointing fingers expecting the other to. Regardless of whether or not you have children, being a father is part of who he is.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• its hers to plan something although it sounds like shes not going to..maybe you and your dh should just go out to a nice dinner
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• For mother's day I made plans becasue every mother 'sday is sad becasue her mother pass away nine years ago. If I don't make plans nothing will happen. I tired it one year and "nothing happened" it was sad around the house. My husband gave me a card. My step-daughter gave me nothing. She stated that she planned to but time got away from her. Also the thing is my husband treats her like a child therefore i almost feel like Im responsible if nothing is done. I purchased him a bible one year. Made dinner, brought ice cream cakes. when is it her time and don't have to have a plan B. she also asked me if I had planned anything when i told her i didn't she said nothing. Should I ask her if she has plans.and then will i fell obiligated then.
    Mrsveebee

Comment by Mrsveebee (original poster) at 6:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• sounds like she is not going to do anything... you should just fidn something nice to do outside of the house... so it won't be so gloomy. she didn't give you anything... selfish little _ _ _. your husband loves you and you love him. you are giving her the common courtesy to honor her dad and do something... I would make plans to take him out for dinner...

miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 7:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am a stepmom and I am planning father's day activities. Mainly eating out and a movie. If the girl does something, great, if not, then you have it covered if you do something nice.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 7:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I always buy my husband something from me, then pray that his kids send him a card. My kids (they lived with us) usually get him a card and gift. It hurts but I can't change them. They are all adults (30,26 & 23) so I leave it to them.
    JKairforcemom

Answer by JKairforcemom at 8:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I do something for my husband and my dad. In your case I would do something and if she does something too, great, if not, you won't feel bad.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011