I think i'd be hard to be a model

anyone else agree?

lizzybee44

Asked by lizzybee44 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Definitely..most of them seem to come from troubled pasts to some extent. Have low self-esteem issues, turn to drugs and alcohol, starve themselves or become bulimics. No way would I want to be put under constant scrutiny, and feel I always have to look my best, wear more makeup, or lose another ten pounds to get the job. I feel bad for them..must be a hard lesson once the beauty fades.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 6:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think it would be so fun!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• My sister did some modeling...until one day she was getting changed in the back of the show and the Janitor came in to clean up the dressing room...being, unclothed, she protested to him being there, and he just said "get used to it, you're a model."

Afterthat, she was done.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 11:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I did some petite modeling when I was young. It was fun, but I never had to rely on it for my income and it was mostly just local stuff.

Answer by missanc at 12:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• yeppers I think anything where you would be in the public eye 24/7 would be rough. Especially with modeling cause they expect you look to pretty 24/7 and I am sure they don't roll out of bed with perfect hair and air brushed. I would hate to have to go get a gallon of milk and look like I stepped off the runway just to keep up with the public eye
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 10:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I was in modeling from the time I was 4 years old until early teens when we had to move to pow-dunk but as an adult I see how much it effected my self-esteem and different areas of my life I find that I have to seek people's approval by the way I look and having all that pressure when I was younger to look better , dress better, etc. was crazy!! We were nothing like the kind of modeling you see young kids doing today though that is crazy!! I think the worst and farthest my mom ever made me go is we would put vaseline on our teeth to make us smile! Modeling comes off as glamorous but really the idea is the only thing glamorous about it! I remember not being able to rollerskating or different things with my friends because I had a photo shoot the next day and couldnt take the chance on getting bruises!!!
    It is not an easy thing to do!
    cwgrlmamma

Answer by cwgrlmamma at 1:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2011