Does Vinegar help with the fleas?

I read some where not to long again to dip your dog into vinegar after a bath and it will combat soem fleas ,what yall think?any other frugal idea in that situation?

jbaby7162000

Asked by jbaby7162000 at 6:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pets

• vinegar will dry out the skin..wash them in dawn dish detergent..go to the vet buy a capstar pill for every animal you have to kill the ones they have on them..treat the yard
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 6:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• lol.
    jorjie dawn will also dry out the skin. Best thing to do is buy frontline or the new cheaper versions of it.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• TBS of vinegar to a gallon of water for the pet water dish outside and a mix of baby shampoo (whole bottle, The 1 dollar kind) and add a tbs of vinegar. Fleas will be gone. I do it for my two pets and we are flea free. Also mix half and half vinegar and water in a spray bottle to safely spray your house and yard to also combat the pest.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 6:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Vinegar rocks and it isn't poison :-) We also use DE (FOOD grade diatomaceous earth, sp??), and mix garlic powder into shampoo (shampoo a second time sans garlic) if we get a bad month for fleas. I haven't used any other flea treatment in years and we live in the woods with a feral cat and dog population along with the wildlife.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Actually, I've had success with vinegar because the fleas can't stand the smell, but then the dogs start smelling like a douche. You don't use pure vinegar. What I did was use a couple of capfulls in a spray bottle of water and, after you bathe them and get them about half dry, just spray enough to lightly dampen the fur and then rub them down with the towel. If you can't stand the vinegar smell then try dawn dish soap with a citrus scent. I got tired of the smell so I quit using it. I used it on the dogs, the cat, and the horses and the entire barn smelled.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• vinegar will dry out their skin I wouldn't do it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• The last issue of the Herb Quarterly has herbal bathes to rid fleas, i think crushed rosemary was mentioned.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I used Dawn and a 2 dollar flea collar from Wal-Mart---worked great
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Never heard of that.?
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 8:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2011