Do you still use cookbooks?

I have a pretty sizeable collection of them I inherited from my mom, plus a few handed down from my Grandmother. Seems I use them less and less, though. If I'm looking for something specific that I know one of them made, I'll dig for it, if I have an idea which book it might be in. Aside from that, I use all the websites I have bookmarked and all the recipes I have saved online.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• no i use the internet....
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 6:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I like to look at cookbooks to find new ideas to try, but if I know what I want to make, I look it up on the internet.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes, i use cookbooks. If i ever need to look something up, i look in my cook books first. If i can't find what i am looking for, i hit the internet.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I do for some. I buy Tosca Reno's books mostly. Otherwise, they're from magazines or online.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes. i love to read cookbooks. i even use the recipes.
    most of my new recipes, or different versions of tried-n-trues, come from a quick internet looksie, but there's nothing like opening up the book, propping it, and studying the recipe AGAIN, getting a smudge of butter or flour on the pages.
    the feeling of accomplishment when i formally close the book and return it to the armoir shelf is almost as good as the outcome of the heated kitchen.

..yep.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes, I do for some things. I love to bake and I have a lot of baking cookbooks.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 6:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• The only thing I use cook books for is baking. Otherwise, I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kinda cook.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I love cookbooks and am always looking for more. I use them too. I like a tangible book to hold onto instead of just a laptop when it comes to recipes, but if I can't find something specific I will hit the internet.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I still use my cookbooks all the time.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes, but not a lot.
    Anonymous