Who should make plans for father's day the wife or his 23 year old daugher.

For mother's day I made plans becasue every mother 'sday is sad becasue her mother pass away nine years ago. If I don't make plans nothing will happen. I tired it one year and "nothing happened" it was sad around the house. My husband gave me a card. My step-daughter gave me nothing. She stated that she planned to but time got away from her. Also the thing is my husband treats her like a child therefore i almost feel like Im responsible if nothing is done. I purchased him a bible one year. Made dinner, brought ice cream cakes. when is it her time and don't have to have a plan B. she also asked me if I had planned anything when i told her i didn't she said nothing. Should I ask her if she has plans and then will i fell obiligated then

Mrsveebee

Asked by Mrsveebee at 6:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• His 23 year old daugher.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• His daughter or ideally you work together.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:58 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why don't you ask her to help you make the plans. Do not make it a negative issue. Build on this opportunity.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• either one of you could. does it matter? my ds wouldn't know it was Father's Day unless i told him and encouraged him. i appreciate that my dh is a good father, doesn't matter that he's not MY daddy.
    if you don't want to celebrate it, then do nothing. if you do, then celebrate it..just don't blame the daughter for not doing 'her part'. yes, she's old enough, past old enough, to take care of business, but there's been no one to teach her. this could be a great opportunity for you..rather than complain about it.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• if she is still acting like a child then its your job some children dont get to the point of being able to handle adult life until much later
    takes_a_village

Answer by takes_a_village at 7:12 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• His daughter should try to plan something nice on her own, but you could work together.
    Tink05215

Answer by Tink05215 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would expect his daughter to make the plans. He isn't your father and she is an adult. I would ask her what her plans are with her father for the day so you can plan your day.....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Maybe instead of playing games with her you should be upfront and say I'm passing the torch of fathers dayto you so make some plans. Quit waiting for her to make and move and being indirect.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• If it's a celebration for your husband, the daughter should do it or you do it together. He's not your father. When the subject of mothers day came up in our house last year, my husband said to our kids, "My mother's dead. If you want to do something for your mother, then do it"
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why don't you guys plan something together for him?
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 12:36 PM on Jun. 16, 2011