What to do for a hole bitten in your cheek??

A few days ago my DH bit a hole in his cheek and it has been driving him crazy ever since, its been hurting him very bad and orajel isn't helping at all. Any other ideas? I know its supposed to take a week or two to heal but is there anything to help with the pain? Tylenol and Ibprofen also havent been much help. Thanks!

husky_grlie08

Asked by husky_grlie08 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• he has really bitten a hole? Well that this hurt I can imagine very well. Has he been to the doctors? Hope it will be better soon.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• well, there is this stuff called glyoxy which is for oral cuts/abrasions. my son fell down in the driveway when he was a baby and broke off a tooth and busted his lip up big time. it did heal it much quicker. he could try that. i also use baking soda to heal canker sores, but that is a little bit different. i don't really have any advice about the pain....men are such babies about pain anyhow. i would just try to get it healed up as quickly as possible.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• He doesn't have insurance for a doctor, and thanks, i'll have him try that glyoxy stuff, he's always in pain with something, half the time I think its more in his head, lol. Last week we BOTH had a cold and it was the same thing but he acted like he was dying and it really wasnt that bad, but anything would be worth a try
    husky_grlie08

Comment by husky_grlie08 (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011