my son is geting verbally abused everyday. by say he is stupid and his 3 year old cousin is smarter then he is. she also talks about me and its mean things and things that are not true. she hits him on the back of his head. what do i do?

His father doesn't care and let's it happen

andrea01251983

Asked by andrea01251983 at 7:40 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• You know who is doing this? Then don't take or let your son go over there. If this is a stepmom just tell the ex....NO NO NO and take him back to court. Or perhaps you can file child abuse charges on the sm.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why would you allow your son to go over to the home where he is being abused? If it is the father's home then you need to go back to court. In the meantime you need to document everything.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:44 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Its my sons stepmother. I just found out this week and I don't know where to start. If they know my son said something then he will be in trouble
    andrea01251983

Comment by andrea01251983 (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would report the abuse and have the custody agreement looked at. There is no reason to put a child through that. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• As a step mom I find this appaling. I have never hit or verbally abused my step kids. What is the relationship you have with your x? Can you talk to him about this? If not then I would call dcfs and let them know and have them check into it. You might want to get a tape recorder that is voice activated to get evidence of conversations if its between your x the step mom or your son. So that you can be taken seriously and not come off as the crazy x.
    cluemein

Answer by cluemein at 2:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I hate to bring this up, but are you sure that this is actually happening? Id bring them together and find out exactly what is what before believing this. Does he have any other problems with her? have you said anything to your son about not liking his stepmom? Perhaps he is making her seem like a cruel person to make you feel justified. thats very typical child behavior too. If she is indeed guilty as charged, you will need to discuss things with your ex.
    martine1778

Answer by martine1778 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2011