New baby no daddy so lonely :(

my world just got turned upside down do to my babys dad having a hidden meth problem now we have a restraining order and he also has to go to treatment but not until next month. ever since this all happen though ive seem to find myself crying uncontrolably every other hour thinking about how normal my world was just a few weeks ago and now ....just me and baby. im soooo lonely with out him and all i can think about is our perfect family days we used to have which wasnt that long ago....i just wanna know if anyone else has went through anything simular? my baby is almost 4mos old and just really wish her daddy woulda made better choices at least for her.....i wonder if treatment will work.....and if he's even in a safe drug free enviornment.....wishin for better days :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hugs to you, Mama. It sounds like you're going thru a really rough time. The best thing I can say is that it will get better. Maybe not tomorrow, or next week, but it will get better. And remind yourself that even though this is a real challenge for you, you and your baby are better off with no man around than with a meth addict around. Maybe treatment will work, you are just going to have to wait and see on that. But in the meantime, life goes on, and your baby will keep growing and changing and learning, so try to focus on that as best you can, and see comfort in family or friends. There are also support groups for family of addicts and that could be a great resource for you. I know no one can replace having your child's father there with you, but take comfort and support where it is offered so you don't feel as lonely. Be strong for your baby as best you can, but it's ok to take a moment here and there to grieve, too. GL!
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 8:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I've never been in a situation like that, but i can only imagine how u must feel, lots and lots of prayers and hugs for u! I'm sure u are going through very difficult times, but think this way to help u stay strong..... At least ur child us healthy and safe, and at least ur hubby has received help so that he can get better soon and u can have ur happy days back! Stay strong for ur beautiful baby mama!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 8:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think you need to RUN to Alanon to learn how to live with/near an addict. The fact that you say he "has" to go to treatment doesn't sound good. Most addicts recover when they WANT treatment. Recovery is a lifelong process. Please focus on you, your child and what's best for you two. You won't want to hitch your wagon up to that particular star for a while. God Bless.
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 15, 2011