Can I get my daughter just a tetanus shot? PLEASE HELP!

I haven't been following the immunization schedule for my daughter because I felt that there were too many risks involved and she was still too young. The only immunization she has recieved was her Hep B in the hospital after she was born. She is 9 1/2 months old and her doctor's appointment is tomorrow and I wanted to get her a tetanus shot because she is walking now and getting more bumps and bruises. I was checking the children's immunizations and the tetanus is in the DTap which I would rather my daughter didn't have. I have read too many articles talking against mixing vaccines and would rather her just have a tetanus shot for now. Am I able to do this? I want to know now before I go in tomorrow and have an arguement with the doctor about this. Thanks!

momma_gig

Asked by momma_gig at 1:30 AM on Dec. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Lets put it this way..The tetanus shot causes more harm than the actual tetanus. Why? Because Tetanus isn't all that common and a person could go their whole like without ever getting it! I will take my chances and NOT get the shot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Are you planning on home schooling? B/c if you're not, you better get those shots it's the LAW! I'd hate for you to have to deal with that later. And it's better for them anyway. The advantages outway the risks tremendously. The DTap is pre-mixed. You can't just get the tetanus shot for an infant. Adults can though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• If you choose to go through with this the best thing to do is call the doctor in the morning and ask them to help you determine if you want this or not.
    Anonymous

• It's NOT the law. where did you hear that from?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• The risks actually outweigh the advantages...
    Anonymous

• most schools do make you have all the shots up to date even daycare and prek
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Have you seriously even looked this up other anonymous person? Doesn't sound like you know much! Law? advantages? pff! I've read up on this. A lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• Not with a religious exemption form. NO school can deny you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• everyone is anon so i am confused on who is saying what...bottom line...
    i much rither my kids get shot then maybe catch something that can kill them...
    also with schools i know GA and AL make you have all your shots up to date b4 you can even enter a classroom
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 1:38 AM on Dec. 12, 2008

• I live in Alabama honey. NOPE.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Dec. 12, 2008