Steps after HSG

Had my hormone levels checked & they were perfect.
Going tomorrow for an HSG. AFter you had an HSG what did doctor suggest?!
My doctor said if tubes are clean shell put me on clomid for 3m. After 3m shell send me to the specialist.

pinkcicle709

Asked by pinkcicle709 at 7:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Never had one done, but my friend just did. One of her tubes was completely blocked and the other was partially blocked. Her OB is recommending surgery, but the surgery could possibly damage the tube that is completely blocked. She doesn't really know what she will decide to do. She really wants children, and was pregnant 2 years ago but MC'ed at 22 weeks.
    Hope everything works out for you! And good luck with the test! My friend said it is extremely painful, and she is still cramping from it.
    peekaboo90

Answer by peekaboo90 at 8:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I had an hsg after 2 years of TTC. It showed that my tubes were open. We weren't successful for years. We were actually shocked to finally get pregnant last March but I m/c at 12 1/2 weeks along. We began TTC, has the hsg test done (it showed one partially blocked tube) but I got pregnant that cycle. Sadly, I m/c again but what I am saying is that this test can actually help you to get pregnant (the radiologist said that for the next few months following an hsg test you can be especially fertile as long as there are not other issues preventing a pregnancy from happening). I was told to take 2 Tylenol before having the test done (I took 2 XS Tylenol as that is what I need when I have period cramping) and that is what it feels like for about a minute during the procedure. THe procedure is manageable but of course, everyone handles the cramping differently. Best of luck to you!
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 10:16 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Oh! ANd, I was going to be put on Clomid after 3 months of TTC as well but we did get pregnant on our own and now that I have m/c, my OB doesn't want to see us again for further investigating until we have been TTC for at least a year so we wouldn't be able to see her until December. So, I took matters into my own hands and am presently seeing a Naturopathic Doctor. She has run a gammet of other tests which are showing normal :) But, she has put me on Omega 3, a good Prenatal vitamin with added Folic Acid (as most prenatals don't have enough), Chasteberry and Vit. D. I am also having a round of acupuncture to help increase the bloodflow to my uterus with the goal of having an egg implant and be able to maintain a pregnancy.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 10:20 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I had the HSG today. They werent 100% clear so hopefully this will be the end of the fertility road and ill get pregnant this cycle! I also had done acupuncture and I take both a prenatal and chasteberry! :)
    pinkcicle709

Comment by pinkcicle709 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Jun. 17, 2011