Pelosi's wealth grows 62% during recession....

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) saw her net worth rise 62 percent last year, cementing her status as one of the wealthiest members of Congress.

Pelosi was worth at least $35.2 million in the 2010 calendar year, according to a financial disclosure report released Wednesday. She reported a minimum of $43.4 million in assets and about $8.2 milion in liabilities.

For 2009, Pelosi reported a minimum net worth of $21.7 million

Just to be fair, Boehner's wealth also grew from $1.8 million in 2009 to $2.1 million in 2010. A far cry from Pelosi's 62%.

http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/801-economy/166599-pelosis-net-worth-rises-62-percent-

Guess if you're Ms. Nancy, the recession hasn't hurt you. Of course, all that jetting back and forth courtesy of us probably didn't hurt. Thoughts?

DSamuels

Asked by DSamuels at 7:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• How? Unless there was some insider info being passed. Didn't Martha Stewart go to jail because of that? Hmmmm......
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i thought she lived on Main Street?? oh wait, that was BO/FLO.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:57 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Lol. I guess by some liberal standards, her [family] wealth represents greedy capitalism. Irony. I would be curious to know more about those "real estate" deals that really paid off during such sour real estate/economic/finacial times.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why do you think they only give lip service to taxing the wealthy? They won't give up those loopholes either.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Why do you think they only give lip service to taxing the wealthy?

Yeah, isn't she one of those evil 'top 2%' who needs to pay more taxes? Raise that rate to 70%. I dare you, Nancy dear.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Good for her . I wiish ours had !
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Well, since she and the dems believe in redistribution of wealth, I think I'll go to my mailbox and see if she sent me a check!

I also wonder how much her wealth has grown while in congress start to finish. Hmmmmmm
    DSamuels

Comment by DSamuels (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd just like to say that Congress critters should never net millions of dollars in wealth ... at least not at the tax payers expense.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• – collapse
    Good for her.
    Democrats do want to raise taxes and raise taxes on the top 2%. She's a Democrat.....do the math.
    I am sure there are really rich Republicans too. And good for them'
    \. I really don't think the wealth of politicians is our business. Its tacky that the Media discusses anyone's financial status.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:20 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• It should concern you how politicians are getting very rich when the working class are out of work!

What if she is making money from the wars would that still be none of your business?
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2011