How do you dicisipline your 7 year-old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my son is 6, and i have a nephew who is 8 and i dicipline them the same way. 3 strikes and you're in time out. they get 1 min. for each year in age. no talking or fooling around or the timer gets started over again. if they're not really being bad, but are being grumpy or unplesant i send them up to their bed until they feel they can come down and act right. it really works for me.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Depends on the severity of the misbehavior. Usually, 1st offense warning, 2nd time out (minutes for age, so 7min. for a 7yr. old), 3rd offense either a nap or a chore to do, if my child completely disobeys, refusing to take nap or fulfill the consequence then spanking.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:00 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• the punishment depends on the offense soap for talking back or cussing ,alone time for whining spankings are a normal punishment for the big things like lying and being hateful towards siblings
    mamabeard3

Answer by mamabeard3 at 8:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I don't believe in spanking, so we don't spank. Warning then take away a favorite game, activity etc.

I cannot believe there are people who put soap in their kids mouths!
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would put soap in my kids mouth if the cussed or talked back to me other than that being mean to others in house than a spanking
    NorthStar115

Answer by NorthStar115 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• it would depend on what they were in trouble for
    hfaddis

Answer by hfaddis at 12:12 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Well, the punishment should fit the crime. At seven, they should have a pretty good idea of how to behave. Time out, taking away toys or privileges.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I agree with elasmimi.
    KamiB79

Answer by KamiB79 at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I my son gets 3 warnings and it time out for 7 mintues. He didn tlike it but now he just knows thats the conguence of his behavior.
    momricketts

Answer by momricketts at 10:56 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I don't have one yet...
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2011