Once again she has pre-cancerous cervical cells

Please tell me this doesn't mean my cousin has cervical cancer. My cousin Mandy had a LEEP procedure done 6 months ago to remove these cells. yesterday she had a pap and the cells are back higher up on her cervix. The doc is going to put her under general anesthesia and do some exploration and remove the tissues.

has anyone been through this,or do you know anyone who has and not had cancer? Did the doc just not do a good job last time?

I'm really scared!

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Health

• I'll tell you why she has it again- her and her partner are NOT using condoms, and they keep passing it back and forth. Very common.
    I've had HPV for about 15 years- my ex-husband had it, and gave it to me. He refused to wear condoms, and every 6 months I was having irregular paps. Then the biopsy, then the surgery. So I just stopped having sex with him altogether!
    Fast forward, new husband, great sex, and no irregular paps in over 10 years!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:30 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• my papsmears have come back irregular for 7 yrs now & with every pap the dr says my cells are changing (dysplasia). Its good that they are precancerous & not cancerous, they still have time to get it removed but Its hard to make sure you get it all. She may also have to do a round of chemo to make sure. If it comes back after all this she may needs to have a Histerectamine.Also she needs to start taking vitamins, vitamin C, eating foods with high antioxidents & exercising. Look up foods that cancer fighters, this will help tremedously, it did with me. Will pray for your cousin.
    AprilKhloe04

Answer by AprilKhloe04 at 8:45 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• historectomy may not have to be done if your cousin becomes proactive in with her health issue. just like aprilkhloe04 stated antioxidants, fiber and good diet. cancer cannot survive in an alkalined environment. asks the doctor to check ph levels... we all should be doing this.
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 10:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• these are common when an infection has been dormit for a long time. abnormal cells start to grow. they may not be cancerous but it could lead to cancer if untreated. she should not be having unprotected sex.. let's take better care of ourselves. we all have a certain amount of cancer cells in our bodies. the anatomy of health issues can be scary. don't be scared just pray and ask GOD to remove it...
    miamoma

Answer by miamoma at 10:27 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i figured this was the case with him giving her HPV again and again. She's on the pill so she figures no condom needed

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Jun. 16, 2011