Does anyone else have a husband who thinks they are June Cleaver??

My husband and i have been married for 12 year we have 3 kids and both work outside the home, that said he thinks i should pamper him and take care of him like i do the kids, he want me to make sure he has clean cloths, a clean house and kids in bed when he gets home. the problem for me is i work full time some 3rd some 1st at a hotel as a front desk person or in housekeeping, he is a pizza driver. during the day my 3 yr old goes to her babysitters house 4 days a week for most of the day, so while im sleeping he just has the two older kids that are ages 11 and 8, i ask him to do the dishes and i do the laundry, but if he needs something washed while im alsleep he needs to wash it. RIGHT? for the last few days he hasnt been doing the dishes hes been laying in the bed with me, and when i get up i have to do his share of the work, i just dont understand how he can be so lazy!! its not like one of us works in a harder job than the other!! or one of us works more hours! Are there anymore husbands out there like mine? he says thats how he was raised woman doing it all, so was i but my mom stayed at home!! and my dad worked two jobs! when he worked two jobs i did it all and didnt complain but delivering pizza is just not that hard! HELP!!! i dont want to break up a marriage over housework!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Here's the thing, you tell him if he wants you to do everything at home, he needs to step up as a man and earn enough money for your household without your income. If this means two jobs, so be it. If he doesn't want to do that then he can get over his desire to be married to June Cleaver, who, by the way, had a cleaning lady come in a few times a week, no really young children and didn't work outside the home.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:39 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'd tell him, when you get to be a FULL TIME SAHM then you'll think about it, but until then, he can wipe his own butt....
    Anonymous

• I have to laugh at your comparison to JUNE CLEAVER..hahaha..that is just too funny :)
    Hell, I'm a stay at home working mom and I still can't be anywhere close to June Cleaver! lol
    Your marriage isn't going to break up over housework. Have a family meeting. EVERYONE can pitch in...the 11 and 8 year old can do some dishes and laundry too, ma! :) Make a chore chart and include the whole family of making a list of everything that needs to be done and divide up the work. YOu can keep it the same or change it around weekly.
    Dad-e-o can and should be on that list too!
    Good Luck..and chins up!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Hahaha. Your hubby is a riot! If my DF told me that knowing I work full time and have 3 kids to take care of I would laugh in his face.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 12:21 PM on Jun. 16, 2011