23 wks prego and i thinking im having contractions?

this is my second one but i dont really remember how contractions feel other than they hurt like heck!
woke up at 3 am felt a clear contraction but only lasted 5 secs and tummy was sore but i was able to roll back over and go to sleep, when i finally woke it felt like i hadnt rested at all, i was drained. i tried eating a bowl of ceral, took a bath to soak, then did some light house keeping, i woke up at 9 and was sitting down again by 11, i felt a headache come on and wouldnt go away so i took my headache meds my doc prescribed, and prenatal. two hours later i went to get up and get some food when i started throwing up, and back to bed i went and ate some chips and dip later on, i took a two hour nap,woke up hot and still sore, now that dinner has passed i am even more sore and out of breath if i walk anywhere, they feel like they are getting sharper but def not like the one at 3 am. they start on the top of my tummy, its hard, and makes me nasuoas i have walked through a few of them but really just want to lay down, are these contractions or ligament pains?

Sypmtoms:
peeing more
headach that wont go away,
naseua
soreness in the upper moving to the lower tummy
lack of energy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would talk to your doctor. Headaches that wont go away and pain in the upper abdomen are signs of preclampsia.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• im 25 weeks and having some of the same issues tired and lack of energy and belly getting tight doc told me to rest drink more water and that the tightness could be braxton hicks...hope ya feel better girl:)
    Brit0001

Answer by Brit0001 at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• sounds alot like someone should be calling the doc. Braxtin hicks contractions are normal they can hurt. more rest may be needed. i would def make a visit to the doc if it continues. good luck
    maeliz624

Answer by maeliz624 at 8:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Ex-Baby ICU RN here: TALK TO YOUR DOC! Headaches can be quite a danger signal, espec combined w/ other things; you might have pre-eclampsia or something else going on & you don't want to take any chances! Are you feeling the baby moving like normal? That is always something you need to pay attention to.
    suemayonline

Answer by suemayonline at 8:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• so update we went to the L&D since this was posted after hours and i was checked out, the baby is fine but i wasnt having contractions enough to say anything was going on just round ligament pains, i did see the paper before the nurse took it out and i did see maybe 4 small contractions within a hours time but they werent big and i wasnt doing anything else so they released us.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 AM on Jun. 16, 2011