Sharing a cell phone...well not really anymore.

My parents thought it important that when I go places with the kids that I should have a cell phone. My DH and I haven't really had the money to furnish one, so my parents basically have us on their family plan and sent us the phone to use. I've told my husband he should take it because that way I can get ahold of him when I need him, or if and emergency comes up when he's away. So he takes the phone to school/work and I can't really get out of the house on my own if he's not here or unless I'm going to a friends house and they can help me with the kids.
So now he carries it 24/7 and when my in laws text or call the phone, they automatically assume my husband has the phone, they address him, they don't say his name and then leave a message. So basically it's HIS phone now. It really bothers me.
My parents got it for me really, and I like to have him have it when he's gone and i'm at home, but now it's basically his phone and it frustrates the hell out of me that everyone thinks of it as HIS PHONE. UGH.
Any thoughts? He's out of the home the most, but I hate people thinking it's just his phone. He set the voicemail and it says both our names.....

Am I over thinking this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Technology

• Yeah, I think you are over thinking this a bit. If you really want a phone then I would buy a go phone or another prepaid phone and use it or swap with your husband.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Yes. I don't understand why it bothers you at all.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2011