I'm only 7 weeks, and I've gained 4lbs

I have already went from 102 to 106. I'm also STARVING. I feel nauseous, but I don't throw up, and eating throughout the day seems to make me feel less sick and faint.
Is this much weight gain normal though so fast?
Before getting pregnant, I tried to gain weight because I was too skinny, and I never could no matter what or how much I ate, so I find this shocking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• water weight

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It's not typical to gain that much weight because of pregnancy so quickly. Are you still eating healthy and drinking plenty of water? It's mostly likely water weight. Try to avoid salty things.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• it sounds like you may have some water weight but every women gains weight differently while they are pregnant.....i am 32 and a half weeks pregnant and i have only gained 20 pounds
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• yes i gained 5lb within the first 5weeks and i was sick alot to, it will level out soon, dnt worrry
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 8:51 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I gained 4 pounds in my first 7 weeks of pregnancy. I asked my OB about it because I was concerned, and she assured me that it is perfectly normal to gain weight earlier in a second (or later) pregnancy because your body already knows what to do. She said usually the weight gain slows down and evens out after a few weeks.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 8:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It's probly mostly water but you mentioned needing to gain weight so I'm assuming your underweight at which point your body may just need to put on fat.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 9:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011