My son's dating. adult content

My son Dawson,13, has a girl friend who is the same age as him named Harper. But they are getting a little TOO serious. They have already kissed, they hug eachother after school, and Dawson puts this arm around her already! But they have been dating for 6 or 7 months. I really need help and i dont no if im over reacting or serious about it.

Macibear123

Asked by Macibear123 at 8:50 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• That's not that big of a deal. I kissed and held hands at that age...of course I did get pregnant at 17 but as long as he's not grabbing her ass or anything like that, I don't see the big deal.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I would hope you aren't allowing a 13 yr old to 1:1 date. Group dates to places where there is plenty of adult supervision is one thing. The kissing and hugging is pretty normal. You just want to limit opportunities to be more intimate than that. My boys weren't allowed to 1:1 date until they were 16 or 17.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I think that is cute! They have been going out for a long time for their age! I held hands with boys and had my first kiss at 12 :) No worries... they are being totally normal! Alot of kids are doing ALOT worse at their age :)Good job mama!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 8:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• as long as it all in the open and he's not patting her on the butt and calling her babe and they are only going "out " on group dates its fine...and normal for that age...it when they try hiding things and sneaking around you need to worry
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• thats normal for that age my son is 12 and he has done those things with his gf and all his friends have done things like that to as long as they arent like making out and stuff i wouldnt be conceerned
    mommyoflogan23

Answer by mommyoflogan23 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Its normal at that age if he starts grabbing her ass or is sneaking around then you should worry
    Butterfly323

Answer by Butterfly323 at 5:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• 13 is too young for dating unless it's a group function with parents picking up and dropping off or either one is going over the the other's house as long as a parent it around. No way would I let my 13 year old "date" and the idea of him having a girlfriend? Please.
    pocmom

Answer by pocmom at 12:50 AM on Jun. 17, 2011

• I have to say that is a bit young to be dating for 6 or 7 months. That and I would hope it is group dates with lots of supervision unless you are ready to be grandma.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 10:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• This is normal. Just remind him to respect himself and her (no sex).

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 PM on Jun. 19, 2011

• I think it is fairly normal. I do think that because of the length of the relationship it might be a good idea to have "the talk" and reming him to make responsible choices. Also are they going on one on one dates or group dates? I would recommend group dates until they are a little older.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 10:58 PM on Jun. 19, 2011