Saving used formula in fridge

Ok NO BASHING
I swear on my life i did not know i couldnt do this and my mother said she did it and my bro was fine.im currently NOT doing this anymore and i feel horrible that i did it so plz dont make it worse.
my baby is 2 months, im a first time mother and i started of breastfeeding and nobody at hospital told me just in case i switched to formula dont refrigerate it when ur baby already drank from it. I feel bad bc i did this for about a month straight and i was still doing it around the same time he got a viral infection.I admit i should have known this b4 hand but......i recently told my pediatrician this and he said it probably didnt cause it.
i switched him to nutramigen a lactose free and hypoallerginic free and 2 days later as of yesterday he is so happy he feels fine i can tell he feels so much better. my mom thought he had a type of milk intolerance or lactose intolerance the whole time .....i guess she was right.
do u think it was from what i did or the formula made him better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I sometimes put the bottle back in the fridge if they didn't finish it. Is that what you mean? That shit is expensive!!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I always put it back in the fridge. I have 3 kids and they all turned out just fine. as long as it's not over 12 hrs once you use the bottle you put in the fridge you should be fine. As far as the baby feeling better after switching, it does sound like a lactose intolerance
    cardingtonlizzy

Answer by cardingtonlizzy at 9:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Don't beat yourself up I think that things change so much and so fast it is hard to keep up with. I had a premie that was on the special formula also. In the NICU they gave him regular enfamil since i wasn't pumping enough. He also had a very bad reaction to it so it might have been the formula over a long period of time or the refrigriated formula. You might never know but don't beat yourself up over it.
    sweetpea_mama

Answer by sweetpea_mama at 9:18 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• tell me about it i dont know if ishould keep doing it or not i think it was the formula not me bc now hes fine i heard they just say its bad to get u to waste it so u run out faster and buy more.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• simple smileI'm glad the Nutramigen worked!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I'll refrigerate a half-used bottle of breastmilk. I simply can't see letting my pumping efforts be flushed!

You have to do what feels right for you and your family, no matter what the popular ways of thinking are.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:13 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• We always put the formula back in the fridge if my daughter didnt finish a bottle. After 8 hours its no longer good though. And she is just fine
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• umm i also do that... yeah its only good for like 8 hrs or whatever.. but its never in there longer than like 2 or 3.. I breastfeed... but sometimes I have to supplement with formula and yes that shit is way to expensive to throw out.. there is nothing wrong with putting it in the fridge when they dont finish the bottle.
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2011