What is it with changing the way names are spelled nowadays?

For example:

Veronica: Vuruneeka
Sheila: Cheelah
Jacob: Jaykob
Katie: K-Dee
Christopher: Krystapher

Among many others :-/
Your thoughts?

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 9:19 PM on Jun. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The spellings for those names above are horrendous. You know what pisses me off? The world is used to these made up names that no one knows how to pronounce my daughter's name. Her name is Leila. Everyone pronounces it either Lila or Leela. Everyone is used to seeing Layla (made up spelling) that they don't know how to say her name. Her spelling is the original Hebrew spelling of the name. It's so annoying.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• I am a substitute teacher and before I call role, I automatically tell them that I am sorry if I butcher their name. I came across one name- Deysi, and had to think of how to pronounce it. It was Daisy. Seriously?!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:26 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• i feel sorry for the kid getting their name spelled wrong for the rest of their lives!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:22 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• OH and hahaha....my mother in law is a teacher and I've helped her grade tests and some of the names of these kids crack me up. There was a little girl named Tequila, a boy named Del Monte (like the canned vegetables) and a boy named Mister. Yes, hello, may I speak with Mr. Mister Brown?? ................stupid.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• some names spelled all crazy (like above) are too outragous. i changed the spelling of my kids names because i liked the way it looked .
    cayden, lilyan
    there not outragous spellings and i think they look better than caden lilian.
    youngmami07

Answer by youngmami07 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• Names are getting out of hand! My daughers name is Abbi and I spell it to ppl just so they know it's not Abby.
    tnmommy2010

Answer by tnmommy2010 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2011

• It is so hard to teach a child to spell these outrageous names! Why does a parent want to do that to a child?
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 8:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2011

• I Like it. Things dont always have to be the same. Would you want everyone looking like you? Different is in and I enjoy it
    Michelle_kate

Answer by Michelle_kate at 12:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• It's fun and creative. Live, Laugh, Learn. Lol
    kewi86

Answer by kewi86 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2011

• Holy crap! Tequila, really? Sounds like a strippers name lol. That's just sad.
    GomezMami2908

Comment by GomezMami2908 (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2011